M.A.J. Law Ltd was founded by Marcus A Johnstone, a criminal defence solicitor with a vision. Marcus believes that every motorist has the right to affordable, specialist legal representation. Before becoming a solicitor, Marcus taught Law to countless students across the North West.
Choosing the right solicitor
Before instructing a solicitor to represent you, consider the following;
- Check the charges. Some solicitors will also agree to represent you on a fixed fee basis, meaning you will know in advance what it will cost - the fixed fee will not increase whether the case takes one month or one year to resolve.
- Ensure that the solicitor you speak to is a specialist in motoring defence law. Don’t be afraid to ask how much of their time is spent handling motoring cases. If they also handle other areas of law, chances are they are not specialist at all.
- Try to have a chat with the solicitor who will be handling your case – if you don’t feel entirely comfortable, don’t use them.
- If you can’t actually speak with the solicitor direct, forget it. Some solicitors employ unqualified case workers or clerks to handle their work. It will drive you crazy if the only people you can ever get hold of know very little about your case.
- Contact a solicitor direct. A number of internet sites are not actually solicitors but third parties who just refer your case to a solicitor – for a fee.
- Try to find a solicitor who will offer free initial advice.
- Be wary of companies who ask for payment immediately - before you even speak with anyone.
- Finally, don't worry if the solicitor isn't local. The law is the same across England and Wales. Don't limit your options to local high-street solicitors.
Quality Service at M.A.J. Law
M.A.J. Law has helped thousands of motorists across the England and Wales. We are committed to becoming the largest and most trusted provider of specialist legal advice. As a family-run practice, we understand what’s important. Our emphasis is on providing all clients with expert advice and a quality service, from start to finish.
Find out more…
Our team are keen to keep you up to date with the latest news. You can find our more using the links below;
Our Case Studies provide an insight into how we win our cases. If you find a case study similar to your case, it’s crucial that you call us immediately.
Follow our Twitter account to keep track of our specialist solicitors as they travel around the country defending motorists.
Our free booklets are extremely popular. From Sentencing Guidelines to advice at your first court hearing, you’ll find all the info you need.
Our Blog details the latest legal updates. You may find one or two pieces about our firm.